Skip to main content

Where Have My Posts Been?

In recent months, I have switched my regular posting to Instagram. There’s not a huge reason for the switch other than the fact that it is easier and more convenient.

Since the switch, I’ve been posting short and sweet posts every day. If you’d like to stay updated on the every day life of this preacher’s wife, follow @preacherswife_jessica.

I’m not abandoing this avenue of posting completely, but I will post more rarely here. A lot has changed over the summer and I may not have the time required to keep up with my normal weekly posts on this website. I am, however, still posting on instragram regularly.

So what has changed? I got a new responsibility at work that I am very excited about! I’ll be the community college liaison with the high school math teachers for our College Prep course. I know it will be hard work but I think I’m well suited to meet the needs of the schools we partner with.

I’m also going back to school! I’ll be starting a masters degree in the fall so that I can have the credentials to teach college level math. Right now I’m teaching the developmental math classes and while that doesn’t bother me because I LOVE my students, it is a rather limited job description. Furthering my education will allow me to teach a wider range of classes and I’ll be able to learn more about my trade. The latter of which is what I’m most excited about!

While I’m nervous to go back to school when I’ve been out for so long, I am ready to dive deeper into the world of teaching and become better at something I really love.

I battled with going back to school, because I know that I am good enough in God’s eyes and I know miraculous things are possible through him. I wanted to make sure that my desire to go back to school was not based on a fear of losing my job or not being good enough, but for a desire to go where God wants to take me. After a year of prayer and research, I feel confident that I’ve chosen the school and degree suited to what my passion is and that I’m doing something that pleases God.

The internal struggle came from wanting a clear direction from God to say “thou shalt go to school!” When that word never came I realized that just because God didn’t command me to do something doesn’t mean I can’t take a leap of faith in a direction and see how God uses it. I know if he DIDN’T want me to go, that he would warn me. Since he didn’t warn me, I am sure he wants to use my new adventure to teach me new things.

God uses all kinds of avenues to teach and bless us. He never wants to harm or trick us into something that won’t glorify him. I am ready and willing to go wherever he leads me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be an Idiot for God

You know that kind of dirt that is just old and crusty and doesn't yield much growth? It takes patience, rain, plowing, love and care to change the chemistry of that soil. After it has been healed, the soil is moist, dark brown and smells like earth. But it didn't get to that point without a little work. Think of yourself as the old dirt. God wants to plow up the old crusty part of your life that isn't fruitful anymore and replace it with new, moist, healthy soil to plant good seed. God wants to take you higher than you've ever been before but you have to want it. The process may be painful but the fruit will be delicious. I want to encourage you to come into the newness of the spirit but you'll need the strength of God to get your through, not your own strength. Last week, my husband and I had to take his truck in because it was like riding Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. For whatever reason, the tires we received a couple months ago shredded and needed to be replaced...

Reforming Undesirable Behavior

You know that thing you do that you don't wanna do but you keep doing it because you can't stop doing it? These behaviors might include: lying, cheating, raging, gossiping, pornography, drinking, drugs, eating, throwing up, etc. Reforming these behaviors on your own can prove to be a little tricky. I'd say reforming undesirable behavior might even be impossible on your own. But there is still hope for us. With the love of God, the power of the Holy Spirit and a renewed mind, you can reform your behavior. Youth conference with lots of God encounters! An encounter with God is the easiest way to reform undesirable behavior because the encounter will fill you with the fear of the Lord. The fear of the Lord renews our minds in a way that informs our bodies of what's beneficial to our spiritual health in the eyes of God. So, your mouth doesn't want to lie anymore; your tongue won't allow you to eat certain things; your eyes will be opened to the evil of pornogra...

A Mobile Church

I love the picture to the right, taken by a friend in the church. It's the perfect picture of God's light shining down on his church. The symbolism of it is perfect: the church is soaking up God's light and charging its people inside to do God's work. I don't know about you but I always feel refreshed and recharged after connecting with a body of believers. Our light gets "re-brightened" and we are energized to keep going. God wants us to take His light out to the people - His church (the light bearers) is not to be confined by four walls and our own preconceived notions. I think a lot of Christians are afraid to be " the light of the world " for fear of being judged or cast out socially. God wants us to hand over our fear of looking stupid and get desperate for him to change our lives. To rid ourselves of this fear, we have to open our hearts to what God desires and ask him to fill us with his light and wisdom in its place. When you open your...