Skip to main content

Your Destiny Revealed Here

A Jesus lover's destiny ultimately is to live eternity with him. In the meantime, we are often left wondering what our destiny is here on Earth (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18). We ask ourselves what we were made for or where we are headed in life. This Sunday, God revealed through Pastor Jim three things about destiny. Your destiny is to:
1) Have a relationship with God. 
Simply put, a relationship with God entails spending time with him. Your time may be spent talking, listening, singing, soaking, dancing, resting, or any other various form that allows you to spend time with God.

A reminder of God's promise
and the wiping out of evil men.
2) Have victory over darkness.
What is darkness? Darkness is anything evil in your life that drowns out God's light and love. Victory over darkness means: by the power of the Holy Spirit, you have the ability to rid your life of darkness and see the light of God's love. For example, I had reoccurring dreams about people accusing me of things I clearly didn't do. They were things I had proof that didn't happen and my accuser continued to persecute me. I woke up and felt the sting of accusation like it was real. I prayed and told Jesus that I forgave my accusers for the pain they inflicted and I asked him to release me from their expectations. The result was relief from the sting of their accusations and a light-hearted feeling that allowed me to take my day head on with His power.

3) Have an impact in this world.
Your impact in this world is through the testimony of your life lived with the love of God, the power of the Holy Spirit, and a mind like Christ. Your impact comes through a message of love, encouragement, victory and hope.

Please go forward with the confidence that God is on your side, the knowledge that you walk with power and the motivation to be a walking message of love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be an Idiot for God

You know that kind of dirt that is just old and crusty and doesn't yield much growth? It takes patience, rain, plowing, love and care to change the chemistry of that soil. After it has been healed, the soil is moist, dark brown and smells like earth. But it didn't get to that point without a little work. Think of yourself as the old dirt. God wants to plow up the old crusty part of your life that isn't fruitful anymore and replace it with new, moist, healthy soil to plant good seed. God wants to take you higher than you've ever been before but you have to want it. The process may be painful but the fruit will be delicious. I want to encourage you to come into the newness of the spirit but you'll need the strength of God to get your through, not your own strength. Last week, my husband and I had to take his truck in because it was like riding Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. For whatever reason, the tires we received a couple months ago shredded and needed to be replaced...

Reforming Undesirable Behavior

You know that thing you do that you don't wanna do but you keep doing it because you can't stop doing it? These behaviors might include: lying, cheating, raging, gossiping, pornography, drinking, drugs, eating, throwing up, etc. Reforming these behaviors on your own can prove to be a little tricky. I'd say reforming undesirable behavior might even be impossible on your own. But there is still hope for us. With the love of God, the power of the Holy Spirit and a renewed mind, you can reform your behavior. Youth conference with lots of God encounters! An encounter with God is the easiest way to reform undesirable behavior because the encounter will fill you with the fear of the Lord. The fear of the Lord renews our minds in a way that informs our bodies of what's beneficial to our spiritual health in the eyes of God. So, your mouth doesn't want to lie anymore; your tongue won't allow you to eat certain things; your eyes will be opened to the evil of pornogra...

A Mobile Church

I love the picture to the right, taken by a friend in the church. It's the perfect picture of God's light shining down on his church. The symbolism of it is perfect: the church is soaking up God's light and charging its people inside to do God's work. I don't know about you but I always feel refreshed and recharged after connecting with a body of believers. Our light gets "re-brightened" and we are energized to keep going. God wants us to take His light out to the people - His church (the light bearers) is not to be confined by four walls and our own preconceived notions. I think a lot of Christians are afraid to be " the light of the world " for fear of being judged or cast out socially. God wants us to hand over our fear of looking stupid and get desperate for him to change our lives. To rid ourselves of this fear, we have to open our hearts to what God desires and ask him to fill us with his light and wisdom in its place. When you open your...