Skip to main content

God Answers Our Prayers | Be Still and Know

My 👩🏻mom was 🤱🏻adopted and while she 🤦🏻‍♀️struggled with the rejection of her birth parents giving her up, she was also 🙏🏼grateful to be CHOSEN by a ❤️loving, stable mom. To the mom who chose her, she wasn’t an accident, she wasn’t a mistake and she wasn’t a burden. No. She was chosen. She was desired. She was wanted. She was cherished. 

God 🙌🏼chose us! He CHOSE to ✝️send His son to save us so that we could be adopted into His family. That’s who we are to God. We are chosen, wanted, desired and cherished. 

In my 🙏prayer time, I often beg and 🤮cry out. This makes me feel ☹️lonely, unwanted and slightly rejected. It's the times that I am 🤫quiet, still and patient that I hear 🙌🏼God the most clearly. Those are the times when He has the most room to comfort me the way I should be comforted. It's those times that I come away from our conversations feeling built up and restored. 

As I make some 🤔decisions about my future, it's so comforting to know that through 🙏prayer and submission, God will answer and guide me wherever He wants. It's also comforting to know that He is ⬆️guiding me even when I forget to ask!

Thank you, Jesus, for new opportunities!

🤨Doubt in God’s plan is lack of faith in His goodness! Hope motivates us past the 🤨doubt that cripples our actions. Hope gives us the motivation we need to move forward as sons and daughters of God. Hope and faith allows us to see clearly what God has for us. Prayer and listening guides us to the path He wants us on.



If you're 🙋🏻‍♀️stuck, ask God to renew your 🌈hope and watch as your motivation level ⬆️changes. If you don’t feel worthy of asking, let God show you how accepted and loved you are. You’ll be amazed at the clarity that comes next!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reforming Undesirable Behavior

You know that thing you do that you don't wanna do but you keep doing it because you can't stop doing it? These behaviors might include: lying, cheating, raging, gossiping, pornography, drinking, drugs, eating, throwing up, etc. Reforming these behaviors on your own can prove to be a little tricky. I'd say reforming undesirable behavior might even be impossible on your own. But there is still hope for us. With the love of God, the power of the Holy Spirit and a renewed mind, you can reform your behavior. Youth conference with lots of God encounters! An encounter with God is the easiest way to reform undesirable behavior because the encounter will fill you with the fear of the Lord. The fear of the Lord renews our minds in a way that informs our bodies of what's beneficial to our spiritual health in the eyes of God. So, your mouth doesn't want to lie anymore; your tongue won't allow you to eat certain things; your eyes will be opened to the evil of pornogra...

Be an Idiot for God

You know that kind of dirt that is just old and crusty and doesn't yield much growth? It takes patience, rain, plowing, love and care to change the chemistry of that soil. After it has been healed, the soil is moist, dark brown and smells like earth. But it didn't get to that point without a little work. Think of yourself as the old dirt. God wants to plow up the old crusty part of your life that isn't fruitful anymore and replace it with new, moist, healthy soil to plant good seed. God wants to take you higher than you've ever been before but you have to want it. The process may be painful but the fruit will be delicious. I want to encourage you to come into the newness of the spirit but you'll need the strength of God to get your through, not your own strength. Last week, my husband and I had to take his truck in because it was like riding Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. For whatever reason, the tires we received a couple months ago shredded and needed to be replaced...

A Mobile Church

I love the picture to the right, taken by a friend in the church. It's the perfect picture of God's light shining down on his church. The symbolism of it is perfect: the church is soaking up God's light and charging its people inside to do God's work. I don't know about you but I always feel refreshed and recharged after connecting with a body of believers. Our light gets "re-brightened" and we are energized to keep going. God wants us to take His light out to the people - His church (the light bearers) is not to be confined by four walls and our own preconceived notions. I think a lot of Christians are afraid to be " the light of the world " for fear of being judged or cast out socially. God wants us to hand over our fear of looking stupid and get desperate for him to change our lives. To rid ourselves of this fear, we have to open our hearts to what God desires and ask him to fill us with his light and wisdom in its place. When you open your...